What Services Can You Find In Hospice Agencies in Tarzana?Arclight Hospice Agency
Hospice agencies in Tarzana will have a list of services they offer. Most of these are catered to either the elderly or those suffering from a debilitating illness, all of whom require special attention in terms of their day-to-day lives.
But if you’re reading this article, you likely have no clue about what to expect when you avail of these services. And it can be a pricey endeavor, so it pays to be absolutely sure about what you’re about to enter into.
And if you’re reading this, you may also be wondering how hospice care is different from palliative care. We’ll jump right into that in the next section.
Hospice Care vs. Palliative Care
It’s understandable to confuse these two forms of special care, but the difference is quite simple and clear. Palliative care can be done whether there is curative intent or otherwise. That means it is applicable for someone who is terminally ill in the same way that it is applicable for someone suffering from chronic pain.
Hospice care, on the other hand, is only for the former. Those who are given a prognosis of having just six months to live are usually the ones warranted to receive this kind of treatment.
The Services Offered By Hospice Agencies
The services of hospice agencies will vary from one facility to another. But generally, here are the usual ones you’ll find:
- Medication: This is a given, and a very important one. Most hospices will shoulder all medical expenses related to a patient’s condition. Whether it’s for alleviating pain or managing its symptoms, these are usually covered.
- Counseling: A hospice will also provide counseling services, both for the patient and their loved ones. This includes spiritual or pastoral counseling, especially for those who are towards the end of their lives. Bereavement counseling is also provided for families of the deceased.
- Nursing: Hospices will usually have a case manager nurse solely assigned to a patient. Some may require round-the-clock care, while thrice-a-week visits could work fine for others.
- Home health aides: Patients who require extra attention for their personal care needs would be provided with a home health aide. From assisting a patient as they get dressed to running to the drugstore to restock medical supplies, home health aides help get these tasks done.
- Medical equipment: Part of a hospice agency’s job is to make sure that the patient gets the necessary care they need, and that includes medical equipment. These include wheelchairs, oxygen tanks, walkers, adult diapers, and even a full-sized hospital bed.
Avail of These Services From a Reliable Hospice Agency in Tarzana
All of these services are offered at our facility: Arclight Hospice. We’re located along Ventura Blvd., but we serve other cities like Woodland Hills, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Santa Clarita, Thousand Oaks, and Orange County, just to name a few. Our facility is open from Monday to Friday from 10 AM to 5 PM, but our operations are 24/7.
So if you’re looking for hospice agencies in Tarzana call us at (213) 371-9186.